Oh, is this too political?!?!!
Archive for May 28, 2007
2007 Pentecost at the Living Stones Church has come and gone. Some of the highlights are:
- Impromptu question and answer session in the middle of the welcome and announcements! So that everyone is clear and on the same page: 1) we are starting growth groups on the week of June 10th. If you happen to sign up for a growth group that would have started on Sunday afternoon of June 10th you will begin a week later or reschedule for another time so we can go to Potato Creek; 2) our combined worship with and at Kingdom Life Christian Catheral on June 3rd at 4:00 p.m. is an additional service to our one at 10:00 a.m.
- Normal attendance was definitely effected by Memorial Day travel plans and graduations (although still up 38% from last year’s Memorial Day weekend).
- Several new guests.
- Looked like some good prayer time was happening after the service.
- Preaching on the Holy Spirit…and making up new grammatical phrases as I went along (I should have majored in English!).
- I love the song I Am Free. Noticed a new ending to Deeper, which I enjoyed – and watched baby Gwen worshiping with gusto during the opening song.
Follow up from message. Let me encourage you to spend time (daily if possible) praying and seeking after the things of the Spirit. Trust and depend on Him to reveal Jesus’ truth to you in every aspect of your life this week. Ask him to produce greater fruit in your life (and prune those areas that are keeping you from producing more). And place yourself in ministry-life-opportunities that require empowerment and gifting from the Holy Spirit. The Holy Spirit is the dynamic, life-giving, empowering gift of God that desires for you to live a miraculous life! There are things that come into our life that we can only overcome though the supernatural empowerment of the Holy Spirit. However, one of the principles of the Kingdom of God (in the main) is that God does not force himself on you. If you don’t want more of him, he will not force himself on you. But it is God’s great pleasure to give you more of the Holy Spirit. Simply ask, seek, and knock.