OK…finally, a music genre that I can TOTALLY support and get into – NEIL DIAMOND!!! Does it get any better than that? Now we get to see what kind of talent these singers really have…
Neil Diamond…the memories…sniff sniff - the size of those ears…it is fantastico!! (Spanish for “fantastic”)
- Jason Castro – Song #1 - A little better than OK…I’m still for you…Forever in Blue Jeans (I happen to be wearing a pair right now! Coincidence…I don’t think so!!!); Song #2 – “Another just OK”…I agree with that.
- David Cook- Song #1 – OK…seemed a little too guttural for me (seemed too much like a Neil Diamond wannabe rather than just being himself singing Neil Diamond); Song #2 – His half open eyes get on my nerves after awhile…just fall asleep already (I know I’m being picky). Second song better.
- Brooke White- Song #1 – ohhh…that was bad…wrong key…WAY TOO low…now I’m not sure I believe (get it? she sang I’m a Believer). “That was her worst ever.” – Kelly Barrington “Yikes” – Isaac Barrington (and Julliard School of Music Student); Song #2 – (she wrote the lyric on her hand?!) I liked it…very good! Stay there Brooke that is where you belong.
- David Arculeta – Song #1 – I heard this same song (and just as good) on a cruise ship karaoke night just a few months ago.; Song #2 - (This is my favorite Neil Diamond song) Way too smooth (and I don’t mean that positively) and too many runs and vibrato…come on dude…this is Neil Diamond!!! This is like a High School class choir presentation.
- Syesha Mercado – Song #1 – (Hello Again…oh…a classic) I wasn’t wowed. A few high notes seemed wrong. Where are her shoes?; Song #2 – boring.
Is Paula drunk?
Simon got it EXACTLY right after the first round!
I bet if Carly Smithson was still in the competition she would have really sung some awesome Neil Diamond tunes…it’s too bad…
Who’s going home tomorrow? Brooke (Isaac); Syesha (Kelly); Syesha (Sam…always agree with the wife)