Just a few thoughts from the morning:
- Had a record attendance (by about 50 people) this morning at Living Stones Church!
- Matt Hooton started some rocking live worship with the children this morning. Everything I’ve heard has been outstanding. (If you have pictures…post it at our Facebook page “Living Stones Church.”
- Record number of children in the children’s ministry this morning. Feels like we have oodles of kids. Good part of children’s ministry is headed to Willow Creek Community Church’s children’s ministry conference this week!
- Lots of 1st time guests.
- This morning in the South Bend Tribune they had an article about church’s that are hurting in the economy (by the way, Paul Ashenfelter that they quoted grew up in this church). Pastors and churches all over are talking about the effects of the economy on their budgets. You can read the article here. I hear this conversation often as I’m with other pastors. For some it is pretty bleak. I am pleased to say that thus far in 2009 we have received $7500 more than we had originally budgeted (we increased our 2009 budget slightly from 2008)! That is phenomenal!!
- I really do appreciate the generosity of this church!! I can’t tell you how excited I am to share about your faithfulness (I try to do so in a non-arrogant “na-na-na-na-na” sort of way)
- As a sidenote – we have also had unexpected budgetary expenses in 2009 as well ($2300 for snow plowing in the month of February alone!!! We didn’t even have that budgeted for the whole year!!).
- I preached too long (again). My sister who was teaching the kids cussed me out over it (that’s a joke).
- Worship band sounded awesome…Mark Osterhout brings it with Fields of Grace
- Loved Jim Ruth’s communion comments.
- Watched a promo video for our KidsKanyon launch on March 29th (very excited about that). The wing is really starting to take shape…the end is in sight!!
- The weather is beautiful!!
- I just feel a little giddy (but not like a school girl…in a much more masculine sort of way) about the stories of life transformation, change, and movement towards God that I’m hearing.
My excitement barometer at LSC is really growing right now. Super excited about the months ahead. Especially Easter on April 12th.