My favorite church picnic yet!!! What a blast!!!
- First, totally underestimated the crowd. Because of so many new faces I thought it would be good to go buy some “Hello, my name is…” tags and have some games that allows us to meet one another. I bought 200 thinking, “That should be plenty.” And then over 300 of you Living Stoners showed up!!! But, it was a great problem to have.
- Can we talk about the amount of food?!?! Great job!! TONS of food. My favorite…Elaina Breznau made a SWEET Living Stones Church cake (pictures below). I didn’t even want to cut into it!
- It was nice to see so many new people decide to come out. Seriously. That is a risk to attend a church picnic at a church you may have attended a handful of times. Loved seeing everyone and was glad to see the interaction.
- We began with The Signature Game. Everyone (13 and older) got a 4 x 6 card (glad I bought 500 0f them!) and a pen and they had to draw five lines and then find five different signature of people they didn’t know who qualified from the following: 1) someone with a tattoo (not hard to find…we are LSC); 2) someone who had been to Europe; 3) someone who had broken a bone; 4) someone who had totaled a car; and 5) someone who had been arrested. At the end we had everyone raise their hands to see who had experienced the above. The funniest moment…the NUMBER of people who had been arrested. Oh my goodness was that funny. Bunch of convicts!! Reminder: being arrested is different than being tried and convicted The names of those arrested will be on an up and coming blog post!!
- Loved the relay races: potato poopers; 3-legged race; pass the baton (through armpits and knees); and egg/spoon race.
- Great softball game.
- I love this church!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Next year: WE will plan for a much bigger crowd, with multiple food lines for expediency, and we will find a new site that can accommodate the size!!
Here are some pictures for your entertainment