Herman Cain has been accused by several women of groping them. And yet, his poll numbers and campaign contributions have risen since these stories surfaced. I find that fascinating and it leads me to wonder if the reasons behind it are any of the following:
- After what everyone goes through at airport security and the TSA we no longer consider groping to be that big of a deal.
- We have grown suspicious of women who out of no where shows up on the scene when fame and notoriety are possibilities.
- Gloria Allred is now involved. *increase cynicism and media circus*
- No one knows how to adjudicate a “he said” / “she said” situation so we just ignore it in exasperation.
- The economy is so bad that if a candidate can get us out of this crisis, we don’t care if he groped a few women 15 years ago.