Archive for October, 2007
- Did anyone see the Monday Night Football game last night? Excellent. Brett Favre threw an 82-yard winning touchdown pass in overtime. That dude is fun to watch play football.
- Turned in our petitions for Monroe School yesterday. Thanks everyone for participating.
- Loved worship on Sunday!! Loved it!!!! We have the highest concentration of talented musicians I’ve ever seen in a church our size!! (I know I’m biased…but really…they are dang good!!!)
- On a whim I raked part of my front yard last night in the dark (ever have one of those moments?). I hate raking leaves – and I have more trees in my yard than anyone else on the street. I also have three large silver maples in whose leaves won’t turn and fall off until snow hits.
- Was invited to preach at the Deer Run Church of Christ on Sunday night. Afterwards, two of their senior ladies came and talked to me. They were both about 4′ 6″ I felt like a giant standing next to them. I’m wondering if I can take them everywhere I go…I just feel better about myself being around them 🙂
- Tomorrow is Halloween. The day after that is NOVEMBER!!! Can you believe that?!
- The Red Sox dominated. Reminds me of Notre Dame…oh wait…not Notre Dame…
- Preaching on grace helps me way more than it could anyone else. God is cool.
O.K. – I’m a huge Steve & Barry’s fan!! You may not have heard of it or been in one. Steve & Barry’s is in the old Target on Hickory and McKinley. It looks abandoned on the outside – seriously. The exterior is very deceiving. It is very nice on the inside.
I’ve never seen a commercial, advertisement, sales ad – anything for Steve & Barry’s. They obviously spend no money on massive signs, exterior improvements, etc.
But that is why their clothes are so cheap (and hopefully not because of little children in sweat shops). I’m serious – they have the nicest cheap clothes I have ever found. I don’t think I need to shop anywhere else. If you are looking for good cheap clothes – Steve & Barry’s is your place – they have everything!!
We had our Fall Festival this afternoon. It was awesome. I couldn’t believe how many people participated, especially from our neighborhood!! I did not expect such a turnout, especially because it is getting colder and slightly misting (it passed after the first hour). The first two hours were full of kids playing games, jumping in the moonwalk, and food! It was awesome.
Much credit goes to Ann Lynn and her children’s ministry team for putting together a great Festival. I’m curious what would have happened if today’s weather was like yesterdays. We would have been out of everything in the first hour!
Thank you to everyone who came and worked a game, took care of registration, brought food, and helped set up and clean up. I love doing this work in our neighborhood! Right on Living Stones.
Chili Postscript: Bill Steele made an excellent batch…had a great heat punch. Jim Silk made a batch that could peel paint. I’m not kidding. It was awesome. To me, something that is hot usually lacks taste, Jim’s is hot HOT and yet still maintains a good taste.
Dick is still in ICU but off the ventilator and doing much better. Conscious, alert, and much improved from yesterday. Thanks for your prayers. They hope to move him out of ICU into a regular room maybe later today or tomorrow.
- Learned in Heidi Prescott’s Market Place column that they have closed the Fondue Parlor in Mishawaka. I’m very sad about that…and yes, I like the Fondue…and yes, I’m still a man!
- Sunsets this week have been incredible…what is up with that?
- Did anyone see the moon this morning (even in the daylight)? Wow!
- Red Sox just dominate. I actually made it to the end of the game last night.
- Growing curious over the mayoral race. Curious if people feel South Bend is heading in the right direction and if so, why? What are the indicators we are looking at? Economic development, education, crime, cost of living, public services, etc.?
- Date night with Kelly tonight!!! (our anniversary was on Wednesday and we decided to celebrate tonight…Tippecanoe for supper…my favorite…p.s. don’t call the house tonight I’m not picking up the phone 🙂
- Fall Festival tomorrow (noon – 3:00 p.m.) is going to be a lot of fun. Rumor has it that Bill Steele is bringing his chili. Love Bill Steele chili!
- Pray for the Newport clan. Things are stable, but tenuous.
- Wings, Etc. is an excellent restaurant!
- Anyone know what is going in next to the Arby’s in the Erskine Plaza? Looks nice.
- Kyra Hammett has a cool website www.kidsaroundthebend.com you should check it out.
- Pictures on Sunday for directory…I’ll name names if I have too 🙂
- God’s grace is awesome…someone should write a song about how amazing it is.
- I am down to only two Splendas in my morning 32 ounce coffee (I use to be at five packs). I’m cutting back. I bet I downed 12-20 packs of Splendas a day. Trying to curb the addiction to that white powder.
- Notre Dame is guaranteed not to lose this weekend! Anyone see Boston College pull it out at the end?…holy smokes!