Archive for November, 2008
Dear Living Stoners –
Just a reminder to everyone that this Sunday we are having a CLOTHING OFFERING. Out of our iGot series as we talk about living in a spirit of contentment and gratitude and as an antidote to a “never enough” lifestyle, we are asking everyone to go home, open up their closet, and pull out clothes that you do not need…bring them on Sunday…we will gather them up…and take them to HOPE ministries.
Got to the church office today and there was a concrete truck continuing the work on the children’s wing. It is very exciting! Today they are pouring the dungeon in the basement for misbehaved children. At first I was opposed to the idea. But after Tina Dobrzykowski explained that not only could it work in disciplining unruly children but that it would make a perfect setting for a lesson on hell and to reenact early Christians in catacombs being persecuted by Roman soldiers – then I was totally sold on the idea. It is going to be great!! 🙂
Tags: Amy C., Biggest Loser, The Biggest Loser
Favorite moment of the night…
Bob’s smug little blue team (even I was turning a bit on Bob) had great numbers and with only Michelle and Renee on the black team they needed huge numbers. Renee pulled out a great number and it came down to Michelle who needed to lose 6 lbs.
SHE LOST 10 LBS.!!!! My family and I nearly went through the roof in excitement.
Amy C. and Heba fell below the yellow line. Hmmm…who do we think Vicky is going to vote for?
Result: Amy C. goes home. I like Amy. She did really well. I bet she is wishing she wouldn’t have sent Coleen home now!
Today is Kelly’s 39th birthday!!! It is her last year of being in her 30s. I still have a few more to go. That’s right…she married a younger man. I like to take every opportunity to remind her. Last night I called her a “cougar.” She didn’t know what that meant. So, today…on Sam I Am…I honor my wife and wish her a very happy 39th birthday and pray that the next year will be the best one ever.
Some interesting facts you might not know about Kelly:
- She was the valedictorian of her High School.
- She was Missouri free throw champion one year.
- She is very athletic.
- Her burps are legendary and I firmly believe she can beat any woman and 99.9% of men in a burping contest.
- She has a Type B personality.
- Her blood pressure and resting heart rate is very low (her cardiologist thought she did yoga it was so calm)…she told him it was the peaceful condition of being married to me.
- Although she doesn’t believe so, she is the best mother I’ve ever seen.
- She has a gift of wisdom and discernment. Seriously. You should pay her to receive advice.
- She hates cheesecake (have you ever heard of such a thing 😦 ).
- She loves Mexican food…although her favorite restaurant is Pasqualle Rullis (Italian).
- Her tongue is just about as long as a giraffe’s (Alexandria inherited her abilities).
- She has no idea what her family of origin is…but I am banking Norwegian. She seems Viking-ish.
- She isn’t a fan of gum.
- She loves gadgets and new technologies.
- She is the standard of beauty!!
The ladies of Living Stones Church pulled off a miracle last night.
They actually stuffed and labeled 9500 Christmas cards to be sent out to the south side of South Bend in less than two hours last night!! Unbelievable. I was a doubter. I’m sorry. I’m not a believer.
Don’t mess with Jennae Gee, Ann Lynn, and the rest of those ladies…!!
Source: MMI weblog