Oh man is this important!! If I can grab your attention for just a moment I would love to share what is for us a matter of GREAT IMPORTANCE in regards to the life of the Living Stones Church!!! (translation: this is a little long…but worth it) 🙂
This past Sunday we had over 125 children present! 125 children!!! And when I say children, I don’t mean like non-adults 18 and under. I mean our children’s ministry which is birth to the 4th grade. In the fourth grade you are nine turning 10. That means we had present (and that isn’t even all the children who attend Living Stones Church):
125 children 10 and under Sunday at the Living Stones Church.
Our growth in the children’s ministry has been EXPLOSIVE!!! Holy cow!!!
I’m always hesitant to appeal for help because the tone of such appeals can very easily sound like a sinking ship that is trying to recruit more people to try to keep it afloat. This is NO sinking ship. This is a quickly expanding ship that is in need of help to deal with the growth. Right now Tina Dobrzykowski (you can call her Tina “D”) and her team (which is awesome) is in process of dealing with this explosion of growth and about to make some radical and wonderful changes to take us to the next level. But here is the deal…Tina “D” and her team are totally volunteering their time! Tina has a full-time job. She does that and IN ADDITION is leading our children’s ministry. And she needs some serious volunteer help!! They are presently trying to continue with a list of volunteers that was put together when we were half the size and we HAVE to expand or we are going to be, to steal an analogy from Jesus, a fermenting, expanding, growing, dynamic wine that is about to burst the wineskin ruining both the wine and the wineskin!!
Check out these statistics:
- Approximately 85% of those who receive Christ do so before age 15.
- The probability of someone receiving Christ by age is as follows: 32% for ages 5-13; 4% for ages 14-18; and 6% for those 19 and older.
- Adults who attended church regularly as children are nearly three times as likely to be attending a church today as their peers who did not go to church during childhood (61% to 22% respectively).
- People come back to church because of their kids.
- Kids who beg their parents to go to church because they love it are highly successful (I do not have statistical data on this…but I think it is true! 🙂 )
- There are about 11,808 children who live in 46614 & 46613 (the South Side of South Bend). 11,808!!!
This is so important to us. And we so need you!! There are lots of areas of service. You don’t have to just teach (although we need that too). My prayer is that God will give us a growing heart for our kids and a desire among us as adults to see them know and fall in love with Jesus Christ!!! It will be awesome!!!
If you would like to jump in and be a part of this exciting and rapidly growing ministry- to love kids and insure that they see Jesus please e-mail Tina “D” right here and tell her you are interested in getting involved!!! (As should be the norm in every church, and for the sake of our children, a background check takes place for all volunteers).