New Year’s is one of my FAVORITE days of the year. I know all of this might be whack, but in my twisted (somewhat obsessive-compulsive) mind, it is God’s way of giving me a COLOSSAL cosmic restart button for life.
At the stroke of midnight, whatever failings, habits, sins, mistakes, sadness, negative thoughts, etc. are gone!
New start. Grace.
What I bring in to 2010 is up to me. I can carry some of the baggage from 2009 into 2010 (like eating too many Outback Cheese Fries), but at least by way of the date I sign on my checks, I get a moment to decide whether the regrets of 2009 will make an appearance in 2010.
- What do you need to stop doing in 2010 that you did in 2009?
- What relationship do you need to graciously end because it is sucking the life out of you?
- What and who will you listen to in 2010?
- What and who will you forgive so that you can opt out of bitterness and anger in 2010?
- What is the life situation that you will finally determine to resolve and move on?
- What pattern of behavior will you end, or pick up in 2010?
- What will you allow God to do in your life in 2010?
2009 was a good year. I have much to be thankful for. Having said that, I’m not sad to see it go. I’m excited to see what 2010 has in store.
HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!